Module 1: Planning a BI Solution
- Elements of a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Project
- The Microsoft BI Platform
Lab: Planning BI Solutions
- Describe the components of a BI Solution.
- Identify the components of a BI Solution.
- Plan a BI Project.
Module 2: Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
- Considerations of BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
Lab: Planning BI Infrastructure
- Describe the components of a BI Infrastructure and where you would use them.
- Plan for the hardware requirements of a data warehouse implementation.
Module 3: Designing a Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Design FACT tables
Lab: Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
- Design a data warehouse.
- Design dimension tables.
- Design Fact tables.
- Design a logical schema for a data warehouse.
Module 4: Designing an ETL solution
- ETL Overview
- Planning for Data Extraction
- Planning for Data Transformations
- Planning for Data Loading
Lab: Designing an ETL Solution
- Describe the components of an ETL solution.
- Design an ETL solution.
Module 5: Designing Analytical Data Models
- Introduction to Analytical data Models
- Designing Analytical Data Models
Lab: Designing Analytical Data Model and Dimensions and Hierarchies
- Describe the features of an analytical data model.
- Design an analytical data model.
Module 6: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Considerations for BI delivery
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
Lab: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Describe the components of a BI delivery solution.
- Describe some common reporting scenarios.
- Choose an appropriate delivery solution for a given scenario.
Module 7: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
- Planning a Reporting Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
Lab: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
- Plan for a reporting Services solution.
- Design reports for a reporting services solutions.
- Plan for consistency of reporting
Module 8: Designing an Excel Based reporting Solution
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
- PowerPivot in Excel
- Power View in Excel
Lab: Designing and Excel Reporting Solution
- Describe key features of excel reporting solutions.
- Use PowerPivot in Excel to create reports.
- Use Power View in excel to create reports.
Module 9: Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
Lab: Implementing a SharePoint Server BI Solution and PerformancePoint Services
- Describe the components of a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Plan security for a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Plan reporting solutions for a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Describe the components of a PerformancePoint Solution.
- Implement PerformancePoint services.
Module 10: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Analyzing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
Lab: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Describe the options for monitoring and optimizing a BI solution.
- Be able to monitor and optimize a BI solution.
Module 11: Operating a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations
Lab: Operating a BI Solution
- Describe the components to be managed in a BI Solution.
- Be able to manage the components of a BI solution.